Your privacy is important
Part 2 Policy: Policy 105 Privacy
Rainbow Club Australia is committed to protecting and upholding the right to privacy of members, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders. Rainbow Club Australia only collects and stores personal information that is necessary for the function of the organisation and its activities.
Rainbow Club Australia requires Board, Administration Staff, Club Management, teachers, members and volunteers to be consistent and careful in the way they manage what is written and said about individuals and how they decide who can see or hear this information.
Although Rainbow Club Australia is not subject to the Privacy Act, 1988 (turnover under $3million) the organisation will follow the guidelines of the Australian Privacy Principles in its information management practices.
Dealing with Personal Information
Rainbow Club staff will:
- Use fair and lawful ways to collect personal information
- Ensure that people know what sort of personal information is held, what purposes it is held for and how it is collected, used, disclosed and who will have access to it
- Ensure that personal information collected or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and provide access to any individual to review information or correct wrong information about themselves
- Take reasonable steps to protect all personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information no longer needed after legal requirements for retaining documents have expired
Responsibilities for Managing Privacy
All staff and committee members are responsible for the management of personal information to which they have access and in the conduct of research, consultation or advocacy work.
The General Manager is responsible for content in Rainbow Club Australia publications, communications and web site and must ensure:
- Appropriate consent is obtained for the inclusion of any personal information about any individual including Rainbow Club Australia personnel
- That the website contains a privacy statement that makes clear the condition of any collection of personal information from the public through their visit the to the website
The Privacy Contact Officer
The Privacy Contact Officer will be the General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that members and other relevant individuals are provided with information about their rights regarding privacy
- Handling any queries or complaints about a privacy issue
myrainbowclub.org.au Website Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was last modified on 25 July 2019
Rainbow Club Australia operates https://www.myrainbowclub.org.au/ (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you by email and or with email newsletters.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Auburn, Bexley, Bondi, Campbelltown, Cherrybrook, Cronulla/Miranda, Glenmore Park, Holsworthy, Hornsby, Hurstville, Kurri Kurri, Lane Cove, Lithgow, Liverpool, Maroubra, Mt Pritchard, Narellan, Newington/Stanmore, Northmead, Orange, Penrith, Revesby, Southern Highlands, Seven Hills, Sutherland, The Ponds, Valentine, Wahroonga, Warriewood, Warringah. See details